Wednesday 17 August 2011

Back to School

Good afternoon everyone ,

Well I've often been told that the weather always improves once the schools go back and this year its certainly true! Hope you all make the most of it! I have had the pleasure of collection some of our new P1's and bringing them back to Craigton for the afternoons until they begin fulltime... so lovely to see them in their uniforms and full of stories about school :-) 

I've only had 3 parents brave enough to volunteer for the Parents Forum this year - my thanks to  Alison Siggins , Lyn Cowie and Sacha Waldin. However , we really do need more people - particularly pre-school parents as no-one from this section has volunteered . So if you'd like to join us , please contact me asap . Id like to have the first meeting in September. Look forward to a flood of volunteers!

The irritating problem with my email seems to have returned - if you dont receive a reply from me , please call  instead . I am replying , but some are not being received . Id appreciate it if you could add me to your safe contacts list , as some of this may be due to over zealous spam filters!

We are hoping to have a fundraising event late September/early October and are looking to organise a Ladies Evening(although the gentlemen are welcome too!)...if you have any friends/family who run Virgin Vie/ Jamie at Home or similar schemes , or who make and sell any products and would like to join us , please let me know.

Michelle was overwhelmed by the generous donations to her wedding gift - we gave her and her new husband:-) vouchers for John Lewis , and I believe they may be able to buy half the store! Thank you very much to those that made donations or who gave their own gifts- extremely kind and thoughtful of you ! I'm sure Michelle will thank you all herself , but it may take her some time to get to you all :-)

Natalie came into see us today ....she's very well although she's obviously missing everyone , and becoming a little uncomfortable.....you've all been there so you know what I mean...her baby is due next week and I'll let you know as soon as we have any news.

Dont forget to let me know if you'd like anything posted on here , and to leave your comments..the blog is for everyone at Craigton , so if you have anything you'd like to share , please do ! 

Marion

No comments:

Post a Comment